Stripey Cats are continuously working and looking at ways to improve our products and make them greener, even when it’s costing us more we feel it’s the right thing to do. Stripey Cats are very passionate about the environment and are striving to do our bit to help the planet.
A few things we do:
- All our cards are printed on FSC certified paper (meaning the paper our cards are printed on comes from sustainably sourced timber) and it’s made in the beautiful Lake District!
- We use UK companies for all our printing, making and dispatching material.
- We have a local team of friends and family to finish and pack our cards.
- Our cards do have plastic wobbly-eyes, however the feedback we receive from our customers suggests that recipients keep our cards and have them framed, which we feel is the perfect way to re-use and recycle them!
- We switched over to using compostable bags for our cards and have now progressed to our cards going completely ‘Naked’ (no plastic cello wrap!…Yippee!)
- We donate to wildlife charities close to our heart.
- We have re-designed our personalised clock gift box, so we can now remove the need for a bubble wrap bag.
- We have ditched the grey plastic mailing bags and have sourced a brown paper mailing bag to use instead.
- We use a local framer to make our frames.
- Clock components are bought from a UK company.
- Boxes made and designed in the UK.
We will continue to evolve and are always striving to create sustainable products that are good to the environment.